The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) released new compliance guidelines during the last quarter of 2017. The governing body names the policies as the “largest energy-saving standard in history.” Those who fail to comply can expect penalties. Those who meet the standards are likely to save on utility bills and help save the environment from carbon pollution.
Our air conditioning services in Gastonia NC can help check your unit’s energy efficiency.
The DOE issued the new standards in a two-phase system for HVAC contractors. Phase One, DOE explains, tackles a 10 percent increase in energy efficiency in all air conditioning Roof Top Air Handling Units (RTUs).
Phase Two, on the other hand, targets increases reaching up to 30 percent, including warm-air furnaces. The DOE has this phase slated for 2023. The government agency estimates that this will lower the use of commercial heating and cooling by nearly 1.7 trillion kWh for the next three decades.
The new standards, according to the DOE, will improve RTU efficiency and help cut energy usage and prevent energy waste. Here are some of the effects you can expect from the new guidelines:
- Reduced energy costs
- Lower emission and carbon footprint
- New models may differ
- Higher sales for HVAC distributors or contractors
Overall, the DOE expects the new energy standard to save businesses $167 billion on utility bills and cut carbon pollution by 885 million metric tons.
With a few more tweaks to your heating and cooling system, you can gain further comfort as well as enjoy the reduced expenses.
Energy efficiency is important because your HVAC unit is the beating heart of your home or office. So it requires your attention. In addition to following the new DOE standards, you can apply the following ways to help your unit deliver greater benefits.
- Install partition in the system ducts – This can help send warm air into spaces that may be too cold. Likewise, it can send cold air into areas that are too warm.
- Adjust the thermostat – Make sure the temperature fits the space, whether it’s an office or a room in your home.
- Use automation – Automation features allow smarter control over the temperature in every room and adjustments that meet changes in your routine.
- Use variable speed equipment – These are variable frequency drives (VFDs) for HVAC equipment. Instead of blower motors, fans, and chillers at full blast, VFDs can help set HVAC units running at lower speeds. This means lower energy use and fewer problems because of components that overheat or break down.
Our certified technicians can ensure the energy efficiency of your HVAC unit and the system’s compliance with the new standard.
The Finest HVAC Services
At Dilling Heating & Cooling, we’re here for you, any day, any time. Our technicians work round the clock with our 24/7 emergency answering service. Our HVAC services include repairs, maintenance, installation, and financing. Let us fix your heating and cooling problems, and enjoy some of our special offers.
Give us a call today.